Did you know … from a single sustainable process and a handful of readily available ingredients, thousands of durable, waste-reducing silicone materials can be created! Silicone consists of four, readily available and abundant elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and silicon. In addition to being completely non-toxic (no BPA’s or petroleum products here), silicone is an incredibly durable, versatile, and environmentally conscious material.
How silicones contribute to sustainable manufacturing and resource conservation:
- Reducing dependence on petroleum-based organic materials
- Reducing or eliminating air- and water-polluting emissions
- Extending the useful lives of consumer goods
- Serving as more environmentally sound alternatives to volatile organic compounds and other chemicals
- Reducing raw material requirements and energy and water consumption in manufacturing processes
- Enabling the use of clean, renewable energy resources